This Factsheet has been written to provide information on introducing solid foods to babies and includes information about introducing foods...
- 200g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 300mls of fortified soya milk
- A drizzle of olive oil for the pan
- A few handfuls of blueberries
- Sift the flour into a large bowl with the baking powder and make a well in the middle (you may need to press some of the grains through the sieve with a spoon
- Add the well mashed banana to the centre and then gradually whisk in the milk with the rest of the mixture. Continue this until you have a smooth, thick batter and then set the mixture aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a saucepan and, once hot, add a thick dollop of your pancake mixture into the middle of the pan
- Dot a few blueberries on top of the mixture as it cooks and, once it’s browning nicely, flip your pancake and cook it on the other side