This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced fundraising lead with skills across income generating channels and a hands-on approach, to be involved in establishing and growing a fundraising culture and service in a respected patient organisation charity. Allergy UK is the only national charity that provides support services for the breadth of the allergic community across the UK. With your expertise and innovation our charity can diversify and grow its income generation through a range of fundraising opportunities, which will enable us to ensure that we can deliver even more support and services to the estimated 21 million allergic community across England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Allergy UK’s “new ambition” is a vision where ‘no-one should die from allergy’ and our mission is ‘for everyone in the UK to take allergy seriously’. At the core of our 5-year ‘strategy for change’ is the exciting opportunity for an experienced Fundraising Manager to lead the development and implementation of an income generation strategy and the establishment of Allergy UK as a fundraising charity. The Fundraising Manager will play a key role in raising our national profile, identifying opportunities for growing our income through creating new approaches to fundraising.
The postholder will be responsible for raising and growing revenue in line with budget expectations and will lead and implement a strategy to increase diversification of income. They will grow and lead a team of fundraisers and be a member of the management team reporting to the CEO.
Candidates should have a track record of achievement and leadership at a senior level in income generation, preferably with expertise in the not-for-profit sector.
Key responsibilities are:
- Senior member of the Operational Management Team with the responsibility for bringing about and embedding an internal cultural change and focus on income generation across the charity.
- Creating, implementing, and delivering a sustainable Income Generation Strategy that is aligned to the charity’s strategic objectives, building support, generating income, and raising the profile of the charity across the UK.
- Working closely with teams across the charity and its trading subsidiary service areas to deliver an implementation plan that supports the Income Generation Strategy and creates a sustainable model for the organisation.
- Developing and monitoring fundraising data to inform and report on return-on-investment performance.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Excellent annual leave allowance: 28 days per annum (plus the 8 Bank Holidays)
- Pension Scheme, 5% employee, 3% employer.
- 35-hour week; Monday-Friday, 9-5 (1 hour for lunch).
- Allergy education/training provided.
- Role based in Sidcup, Kent.
- Free Parking.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to Recruitment@allergyuk.org