It is estimated that 21 million people in the UK live with allergic disease. But there remains a huge gap in healthcare services for those affected by this disease of the immune system. Our mission is to raise the profile of allergy at all levels, with a vision for everyone affected by allergy to receive the best possible care and support.
Our dedicated free Helpline is there for people who need our help and support. Our free Factsheets provide information that is often badly needed to explain the symptoms and triggers that people with allergy are dealing with every day of their lives.
We are the leading national patient charity for people living with all types of allergy. We work with government, professional bodies, Healthcare Professionals and corporates towards our vision and to help improve the lives of the millions of people with allergic disease.
From time to time we look for people to join our team at Allergy UK as we continue to develop the services we provide for people living with allergy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Allergy UK. Charity No: 1094231. Company No: 4509293. Registered in Scotland - Charity No: SC039257
Please note, as we are a charity, we try hard to keep costs down and that includes in administration. If you apply for a job and don’t hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful this time and we thank you for your interest in Allergy UK.
Please find current vacancies below:
Business Development Officer
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Location: Sidcup, Kent
Allergy UK is the leading charity working to improve the lives of those affected by allergy and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic detail – oriented Business Development Officer to join our busy and dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that has experience of sales, maintaining and developing positive client relationships across the globe and a thirst for acquiring new product knowledge.
Based within the Endorsements team, you will work closely with the Head of Endorsements in all aspects of Sales, business development and marketing. This exciting position will suit an individual with sales experience and is a unique opportunity to work for a commercial arm of a charity to coordinate the endorsement of:
- To be involved in maintaining current income levels through effective account management and building positive and engaging relationships.
- Manage customer expectations, communicating in line with time zones, culture, and agreements in place.
- Generate new client relationships and establish positive leads for the sales of products.
- Work with Head of Endorsement to increase income across all endorsement programmes.
- To prioritise and respond effectively, developing new enquires into endorsement holders.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Successful achievement of excellent sales results.
- Demonstrable experience of robust customer relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of business development.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of products to manage through the most appropriate endorsement.
- Demonstratable experience of using CRM.
- Work independently and collaboratively.
Skills and Knowledge
- An enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated approach.
- The ability to work in an office both alone and as part of a team.
- A professional manner and appearance, with a positive outlook.
- Great communication skills, as you will be expected to interact with clients on a daily basis, both through electronic and phone. Many clients first language is not English.
- Polite, confident with a friendly manner.
- Analytical mind with attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills, confident with Excel and all other aspects of Microsoft 365. Salesforce (CRM) training will be given.
- Able to track and follow up on a variety of ongoing pieces of work.
Working at Allergy UK
- Allergy Awareness Training will be given
- Full induction provided with continuous support
- 35-hour week – Monday – Friday 9am-5pm (1 hour lunch)
- 28 days Annual Leave (additional to bank holidays)
- Pension scheme 3% employer, 5% employee
- Free parking
- Employee Assistant Programme Scheme
Click here to download a more detailed job description. Please send your covering letter and CV to Recruitment@allergyuk.org
Closing date for application is Sunday 6th June 2021. Telephone interviews will be held w/c 7th June and Interviews w/c 14th June 2021. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may shortlist before the deadline.