It is estimated that 21 million people in the UK live with allergic disease. But there remains a huge gap in healthcare services for those affected by this disease of the immune system. Our mission is to raise the profile of allergy at all levels, with a vision for everyone affected by allergy to receive the best possible care and support.
Our dedicated free Helpline is there for people who need our help and support. Our free Factsheets provide information that is often badly needed to explain the symptoms and triggers that people with allergy are dealing with every day of their lives.
We are the leading national patient charity for people living with all types of allergy. We work with government, professional bodies, Healthcare Professionals and corporates towards our vision and to help improve the lives of the millions of people with allergic disease.
From time to time we look for people to join our team at Allergy UK as we continue to develop the services we provide for people living with allergy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Allergy UK. Charity No: 1094231. Company No: 4509293. Registered in Scotland - Charity No: SC039257
Please note, as we are a charity, we try hard to keep costs down and that includes in administration. If you apply for a job and don’t hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful this time and we thank you for your interest in Allergy UK.
Please find current vacancies below:
Senior Business Development Officer
Reporting to: Head of Endorsements
Direct Reports: Assistant Business Development Officer and Finance Admin Assistant
Allergy UK is the leading national charity working to improve the lives of those affected by allergy.
The organisation is looking to recruit a Senior Business Development Officer to work within its busy Endorsements team, at their office in Sidcup, Kent.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual and have experience in developing and managing new business and existing client relationships effectively, having an enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated approach.
The Senior Business Development Officer primarily develops new leads and account manages existing clients within a team that is responsible for the charity’s endorsement programs. The income generated through these programs enables the charity, British Allergy Foundation, to provide services for those affected by allergy, education of healthcare professionals and the general public. You will also be responsible for guiding the tasks of the Assistant Officers.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the Head of Endorsement in implementation of the business plan that will lead to increased income and clients for the endorsement program.
- To be involved with the generation of income from our endorsement scheme by assisting in the expansion of the scheme for new and existing endorsements.
- To liaise with new and existing clients regarding the endorsement of products that relate to allergy.
- To identify potential new clients to the endorsement scheme and develop them into clients.
- Assist to direct the work of the Business Development Assistant for the delivery of the Allergy Aware Scheme (AAS).
- To assist with the management of existing client relationships and potential new business.
- To encourage existing client relationships in further involvement with the charity across other income generating service areas.
- To prioritise and respond effectively, developing new enquiries into endorsement holders
- To maintain accurate and up to date relevant electronic files and database.
- Manage staff in a supportive and pro-active way
- In the absence of the team administrator, undertake relevant administration duties to ensure the department operates effectively.
- Liaise with all relevant parties on issues that arise and communicate such issues to the Head of Endorsements.
- Liaise with other departments to complete the Endorsement role on other projects as and when required according to business need and work as part of the Allergy UK team.
- Research potential new business markets.
- Identify and escalate any issues which could impact or improve the quality of customer service we provide.
- Competitive salary £30,000.00
- Excellent annual leave allowance: 28 days per annum (additional to bank holidays)
- Pension scheme, 3% employer, 5% employee
- Subject to 3 month probationary period.
- 35 hour week; Monday – Friday, 9-5 (1 hour for lunch).
- Allergy education/training provided
Click here to download a more detailed job description
Please send your covering letter and CV to Recruitment@allergyuk.org. The deadline for applications will be 5pm Tuesday, 25th February 2020. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may shortlist before the deadline.