It is estimated that 21 million people in the UK live with allergic disease. But there remains a huge gap in healthcare services for those affected by this disease of the immune system. Our mission is to raise the profile of allergy at all levels, with a vision for everyone affected by allergy to receive the best possible care and support.
Our dedicated free Helpline is there for people who need our help and support. Our free Factsheets provide information that is often badly needed to explain the symptoms and triggers that people with allergy are dealing with every day of their lives.
We are the leading national patient charity for people living with all types of allergy. We work with government, professional bodies, Healthcare Professionals and corporates towards our vision and to help improve the lives of the millions of people with allergic disease.
From time to time we look for people to join our team at Allergy UK as we continue to develop the services we provide for people living with allergy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Allergy UK. Charity No: 1094231. Company No: 4509293. Registered in Scotland - Charity No: SC039257
Please note, as we are a charity, we try hard to keep costs down and that includes in administration. If you apply for a job and don’t hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful this time and we thank you for your interest in Allergy UK.
Please find current vacancies below:
Individual Giving Fundraising Officer
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
Direct Reports: None
Are you passionate about Individual Giving and ready to join a growing fundraising team in the leading national charity for people living with allergies?
Allergy UK is the leading national charity providing support and information for the estimated 21 million people living with allergic disease in the UK. We are about to launch an exciting strategy for 2020-2025 strategy to raise awareness and understanding of the impacts of living with allergic disease but to do this we need to grow our income significantly.
Over the last year Allergy UK has been working to embed a fundraising culture across the organisation and by committing to invest in a sustained Individual Giving programme, as well as maximising our other income streams. We are now looking for a talented, enthusiastic direct marketer to take on the role of Individual Giving Fundraising Officer.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, ambitious, enthusiastic, focus driven direct marketer who will help to develop donors to increase income for long term sustainability.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Plan and budget for activities to recruit and develop regular donors and cash givers to Allergy UK.
- Devise, implement and manage initiatives such as direct mail, email and social media marketing to attract new donors, working closely with the Communications team
- Design and manage donor development activities to ensure donors continue or increase their donations
- Build strong inter-organisational relationships with colleagues across Allergy UK, including Clinical Services to ensure excellent, engaging and targeted donor experiences.
- Provide Fundraising Manager with full results of fundraising campaigns and contribute towards quarterly financial reviews and the forecasting of pipeline income
- To maximise Gift Aid income and ensure full regulation compliance for designated areas of work by identifying opportunities, responding to regulation changes or recommendations and implementing quality control
- Work closely with the team to monitor, analyse and segment the fundraising database (Salesforce) and ensure all Individual Fundraising activity is fully risk assessed. Ensure all activities comply with appropriate legal, regulatory and fundraising good practice requirements and with Allergy UK’s policies and procedures.
- Effectively project manage suppliers and 3rd parties to ensure value for money.
- Subject to a three month probationary period.
- Allergy education/training provided.
- 35 hour week; Monday – Friday, 9-5 (1 hour for lunch)
- Role based in Sidcup, Kent
- Competitive salary £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- Flexible Working
- Excellent annual leave allowance: 28 days per annum (additional to bank holidays)
- Pension scheme, 5% employee, 3% employer
- Free parking
Click here to download a more detailed job description
Please send your covering letter and CV to Recruitment@allergyuk.org. The deadline for applications will be 31st December 2019. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may shortlist before the deadline.