Moving on from primary school brings different challenges. No longer is there just one classroom with one teacher, so it’s...
Talking to Staff
When talking to teachers and staff about your child’s allergies, discussions should cover the following;
- Causes, symptoms and treatment of your child’s allergy
- How staff identify students at risk of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
- What preventative measures are in place and what they would be willing to
- adapt on if they are currently not suitable to your child’s needs.
- The school’s first aid and emergency response procedures.
- The staff’s role in responding to an allergic reaction.
- Where medications such as AAI’s are kept and how accessible are they.