Our five tips for returning to school this September
- Speak to your school before September. Every school is set up differently, so it’simpossible to know exactly what they’re planning without asking.
- Review your child’s allergy management plan with their new teacher. New measures within the school may mean that your child’s plan needs to be changed slightly, this will also give you opportunity to check staff are trained in allergy management.
- Make sure you are stocked up on medication and that Adrenaline Auto-Injectors are in date before the term begins.
- Buy a product that notifies people of your child’s allergy, such as a medical ID bracelet. These products can be bought online and include bracelets, lunchboxes,and stickers.
- Ask if the school can raise awareness of allergies amongst staff and pupils. This doesn’tmean singling out your child, but educating everyone on allergies in an assembly, class activity or fundraising event.