This role will develop and deliver Allergy UK’s youth engagement initiative. We are beginning several exciting new projects focused on engaging young people who live with allergy and providing opportunities for them to have a voice and support them in raising awareness of the issues that affect their life. We are seeking young people’s participation and co-production in all activities we develop to support their needs. The role of Youth Engagement Officer will be to engage with young people across the UK, to ensure that they have the opportunities and support to shape and influence Allergy UK’s programmes and activities for young people living with allergy.
The successful individual will work to develop youth engagement opportunities which increase skills, confidence, and life chances through supporting young people living with this disease to overcome any barriers they face.
As a Youth Engagement Officer, you will have experience of working positively with young people, and have a proactive nature. Organisation skills and initiative is a must as you will be the lead on our youth provision. You will be required to coordinate activities with young people such as online and in-person engagement, blogs, podcasts, learning and digital activities. These activities will be centred on practice of co-production. We are looking for someone who wants to work as part of a team to engage young people, to highlight unheard voices and stories and promote progress and change through action.
- Plan, project manage and deliver exciting new co-production projects and establish positive links with young people and promote active participation in activities.
- Provide opportunities for young people to have a voice and support them in getting involved in Allergy UK’s awareness and public affairs to influence governmental change and improve services for young people with allergy.
- Create, develop and lead on the work of the Allergy UK Youth Forum.
- Support and develop young people to become champions and ambassadors for Allergy UK.
- Work collaboratively with a range of organisations including but not exclusively schools, local government, health and youth services and youth organisations.
- Develop training and development resources for young people
- Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales to ensure that contract requirements are met
- Work alongside the Operations Director and other staff advising them of relevant issues facing children and young people.
- Develop Allergy UK’s youth engagement procedures and practice.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to engage young people in volunteering for Allergy UK
- Responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others who you interact with and undertake appropriate health and safety reviews, risk assessments in relation to activities.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Excellent annual leave allowance: 28 days per annum (additional to bank holidays) Pension Scheme, 5% employee, 3% employer
- Employee Assistant Programme Scheme
- Annual eyecare vouchers for annual eye test, money off voucher for glasses for VDU 35 hour week; Monday-Friday, 9-5 (1 hour for lunch)
- Subject to a three-month probationary period
- Free parking at our Planwell House, Sidcup Office!
- 35 hour week 9-5 (1 hour for lunch)
- Training provided
- Hybrid working – 3 days a week as a minimum in the office with 2 days a week working from home.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Recruitment@allergyuk.org.
Closing date Monday 14th February 2022