Allergy UK is the leading charity working to improve the lives of those affected by allergy. We are expanding our small fundraising team and are looking for a Senior Individual Giving Officer to lead the implementation and delivery of acquisition and retention activity across a range of channels and products.
Individual Giving is a relatively new area of focus for the charity, and there is significant opportunity to grow the programme, both to acquire new supporters and retain and convert existing donors, maximising their lifetime value across all areas of fundraising.
You will work closely with the Head of Income Generation to deliver individual fundraising activities and to maintain and grow income from donor retention, development and reactivation programmes. You will also work collaboratively with the Fundraising and Communications teams to contribute to the marketing plan with a focus on donor recruitment, retention, and development, driving long-term sustainable income growth.
- Work with the Head of Income Generation to plan a programme of individual giving actively monitoring performance in line with the agreed budget
- Contribute to the Allergy UK overall fundraising strategy as a member of the Fundraising Team
- To identify areas of growth and improvement within direct marketing activities, including reactivation of lapsed donors and conversion to Regular Giving
- Work with the Head of Income Generation to analyse all aspects of individual giving performance, utilising the results to improve practice, including evaluation of cost effectiveness, levels of potential and sustainability of individual giving income streams
- Assist in the planning, monitoring and controlling of the expenditure as appropriate
- To use Salesforce to record, define data segmentation and create reports on all individual giving activity
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
Minimum of 3 years individual giving fundraising
- Experience of implementing direct marketing plans
- Experience of engaging with and relationship management of external agencies and suppliers
- Proven experience of delivering successful direct marketing acquisition, retention and engagement campaigns across channels, including print, digital and social media
- Experience of working within an agreed budget.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing supporter acquisition and/or retention fundraising programmes.
- Involvement in creative development processes (copy and artwork) and print and production processes for on-line/off-line communications
- Understanding of supporter motivations and fundraising techniques available to maximise engagement and giving.
- Previous experience of using databases and/or briefing database teams to provide data selections, segmentation and results analysis of individual giving income streams.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to analyse data
- Understanding of finance and budget requirements
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to tailor messaging for different audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and dedication for your chosen charitable cause
Working at Allergy UK
- Allergy Awareness Training will be given
- Full induction provided with continuous support
- 35-hour week – Monday – Friday 9am-5pm (1 hour lunch)
- 28 days Annual Leave (additional to bank holidays)
- Pension scheme 3% employer, 5% employee
- Free parking
- Employee Assistant Programme Scheme
Please send your covering letter and CV to Recruitment@allergyuk.org
Closing date for application will be on a rolling basis.