Allergy UK is the leading charity working to improve the lives of those affected by allergy. We are expanding our small fundraising team and are looking for an Events and Community Fundraising Officer to lead the delivery of the Allergy UK community & challenge events fundraising portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic result focussed– fundraiser to join our busy and dynamic team.
You will work closely with the Head of Income Generation to develop the community and events income stream helping to build Allergy UK’s community of supporters around the UK, encouraging and supporting fundraising activities by individuals and groups in a range of community settings.
- Contribute to the Allergy UK overall fundraising strategy as a member of the Fundraising Team.
- Support the Head of Income Generation to develop and implement the challenge events strategy by growing net income in this area and seek new opportunities.
- Recruit and steward participants working with colleagues to maximise opportunities across the organisation.
- Manage logistics and delivery of events, as well as managing volunteers as appropriate.
- Work with the Senior Individual Giving Officer to implement post-event stewardship journeys to encourage further support to Allergy UK.
- Manage the current community fundraising relationships, and actively seek more opportunities to grow this area of fundraising.
- Communicate and engage with all challenge event and community fundraisers working on behalf of the charity to ensure they are updated, involved, and supported, via telephone, email, letters, and social media.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
That they are a credible, positive, and proactive communicator, able to engage with volunteers, fundraisers, and other remote parties.
- Have a creative, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have knowledge of websites, digital marketing, and social media, and their application to income generation and fundraising support.
- Are highly organised with the ability to juggle several deadlines at the same time.
- That they are a self-motivated, team worker with ability to work autonomously as required.
- A willingness to work flexibly and attend events with overnight stays when required.
Skills and Knowledge
Previous experience of community and event fundraising activities, offline and online.
- An enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated approach.
- The ability to work in an office both alone and as part of a team.
- A professional manner and appearance, with a positive outlook.
- Polite, confident with a friendly manner.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills, confident with Excel and all other aspects of Microsoft 365. Salesforce (CRM) training will be given.
Working at Allergy UK
- Allergy Awareness Training will be given
- Full induction provided with continuous support
- 35-hour week – Monday – Friday 9am-5pm (1 hour lunch)
- 28 days Annual Leave (additional to bank holidays)
- Pension scheme 3% employer, 5% employee
- Free parking
- Employee Assistant Programme Scheme
Please send your covering letter and CV to Recruitment@allergyuk.org
Closing date for application will be on a rolling basis.