Allergy UK’s Allergy Aware Scheme
The Allergy Aware Scheme is an opportunity for catering outlets to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding those with food allergy.
The Scheme helps provide consumers with confidence when eating out at food establishments that are recognised by Allergy UK. The Scheme represents responsible catering outlets that have been independently audited and where staff have undergone detailed allergy training.
95% of people living with food allergy would feel more confident eating out at a food outlet that was recognised by Allergy UK’s Allergy Aware Scheme. (Allergy UK, ‘Eating out with food allergy or intolerance’, 2016)
Why join the Allergy Aware Scheme?
The key advantages for joining the Allergy Aware Scheme are:
- Legal compliance (evidence for your local Environment Health Officer that you’re going above and beyond, which should aid your Food Hygiene rating)
- Expanding your customer base (being an industry leader and meeting the needs of the allergic community)
- Reassurance to diners (a positive dining experience for those with allergy)
Positive dining experience = positive feedback
- Confidence for staff (understanding and ability to serve those with allergy, putting less pressure on certain members of staff having to take responsibility)
- Credibility (working with national charity Allergy UK, undertaking an independent audit)
If you are interested in our Allergy Aware Scheme and wish to know more about it, please use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page.
The Allergy Aware Scheme is managed by Allergy Research Limited which is a trading subsidiary of Allergy UK (the operational name of the British Allergy Foundation)