Allergy UK Statement Regarding the Inquest of Ruben Bousquet
The inquest into the death of Ruben Bousquet, who died aged 14 after having a severe allergic reaction, ended last week. Senior Coroner Andrew Harris stated that the cause of Ruben’s death was anaphylaxis to cow’s milk caused by cross-contamination in the popcorn that he ate.
No-one should die from allergy and we send our heartfelt thoughts to Ruben’s family and friends.
At this time, we also send our thoughts and condolences to Ruben’s inline skater hockey club the London Knightz, who in September 2019 formed a partnership with Allergy UK. We thank them for their ongoing fundraising to support Allergy UK in continuing our work to campaign and lobby for improvements in understanding and awareness of allergy.