Allergy UK is certified as a quality provider of health and social care information by The Information Standard – a certification scheme for health and social care information.
The Information Standard is a certification scheme supported by the Department of Health. It was set up to ensure that the public have access to reliable and trustworthy health and social care information, enabling members of the public to make informed choices about their conditions and allergy management options.
Allergy UK is committed to fully participating in the Department of Health’s accreditation scheme and complies with all aspects and requirements of The Information Standard. Allergy UK wholly embraces the aims and objectives of the Information Standard. We use the Standard to:
- Help people with allergies to make informed decisions about how they manage their conditions
- Reassure people with allergies, their carers and healthcare and education professionals that our information is gathered from reliable sources
- Ensure our information reflects current evidence based medicine and current practice guidelines
- Maintain and improve our information production system and the quality of our health and social care information
- Enhance our reputation as a reliable and authoritative source of information on allergy
The Information Standard applies to written and scripted information on allergy, for parents, carers and healthcare professionals.
It includes our leaflets, Factsheets and website information on health. Where health information is given it will carry the Information Standard Logo, to confirm that it has been developed and produced in line with the requirements of the Information Standard.
All the information we produce is evidence based and checked by members of our Health Advisory Board. If you wish to know the sources we used in producing any of our information products, please let us know and we will gladly supply details.
The scheme also covers health information products, such as our information leaflets, which we produce in conjunction with external partners. These will go through our usual procedures to comply with The Information Standard.
Allergy UK shall be held responsible for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the scheme operator nor the scheme owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website and on behalf of Allergy UK.