Allergy UK Ambassadors
We appreciate volunteering means giving up your free time so what can you expect from us?
- We will give you a full induction and training on all aspects of your role.
- All appropriate materials to support your role will be supplied by us.
- A dedicated member of staff will be available to give you support, advice and guidance.
Equally you should know what we would expect from you
- Commitment to your role.
- To complete tasks as agreed.
- To be a champion for Allergy UK in the wider community.
At Allergy UK we are always looking to provide information to people about the impact of allergies and how we can support those diagnosed.
This role could include:
Every allergy sufferer knows that having allergies can be very frightening and at times a lonely experience especially when you or your child has just been diagnosed. To be able to pick up the telephone and speak to a support buddy who knows what you have been through and can give practical tips on everyday management, can be a real boost. Support buddies do not give medical advice.
If you would like to volunteer for Allergy UK, please contact Pauline for more information (01322 470334).
We ask our volunteers to supply names of two referees, these should be people who are not related to you and know you well. You should be aware that we will ask these people to provide a reference on your behalf.